Every CIFFA Reguler member pledges to abide by this professional code of conduct, which states:
- The CIFFA regular member must discharge his duties with honesty and integrity.
- The CIFFA regular member pledges a standard of competence to his client, to perform in a conscientious, diligent and efficient manner, services undertaken on the client’s behalf.
- The regular member pledges to hold in strict confidence, all information acquired in the course of the relationship concerning the business and the affairs of his client. No such information is to be divulged unless authorized by the client, or required by law.
- The CIFFA regular member agrees to observe all relevant laws of Canada regarding the movement of goods entrusted to him.
- The CIFFA regular member owes a duty to his client, not to withdraw his services, except for good cause, and upon appropriate notice.