This workshop covers the contents of Canada’s most important free trade agreement since the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and its impact on various parties involved in international trade.
Participants can benefit from a pre-recorded lecture followed by a one-hour live, instructor-led, interactive online virtual class. They will be asked to answer questions and participate in workshops to demonstrate their understanding of the topic. Feedback or comments to attendees’ questions will be addressed immediately so that they can return to their workplace fully trained and confident of their knowledge on this topic.
- 1 hour pre-recorded lecture released on Friday May 19th.
- 1 hour live online lecture held on Thursday May 25th at 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST.
- Describe the contents of the CETA articles
- Explain the CETA’s advantages for importers and exporters
- Explain the timeframe for the lowering of customs duties, quota and other issues under the CETA
- Explain the CETA’s applicable rules of origin
- Describe the European Union’s customs clearance process
- Explain how the value-added tax (VAT) works
Exporters, importers, freight forwarders, customs brokers and other service providers.