Array (  => https://www.ciffa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/SM.png  => 775  => 400  => )
TORONTO, January 18, 2021. — CIFFA, the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association, is pleased to announce that Director of Education and Marketing Stephen McDermott was elected Chair of the newly formed FIATA Logistics Institute at the FIATA General Meeting, held virtually on December 7.
FIATA or the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations is a nongovernmental, membership-based organization representing freight forwarders in some 150 countries. FIATA’s membership is composed of 109 Associations Members and more than 5,500 Individual Members, overall representing an industry of 40,000 freight forwarding and logistics firms worldwide.
Almost 200 participants attended the 2020 virtual general meeting, where important approvals and decisions were made for the coming year, including the election of two chairs, one for the Advisory Body on Safety and Security, the other for the FIATA Logistics Institute.
The FIATA Logistics Institute (FLI) is responsible for:
- The global validation of training programs conducted by FIATA
- including the FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding, and the FIATA Higher diploma in supply chain management.
- Administration of the ICAO/FIATA Dangerous Goods by Air Training Program
- Oversight of the Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award. (YIFFA)
- Design and delivery of course material vital to the freight forwarding industry
Learning and development in global logistics is vital for an industry that is constantly evolving and changing. CIFFA applauds the work of Stephen and his incredible team of designers and specialists in driving a digital learning transformation for its members and college partners.
CIFFA’s learning programs open doors for career development and advancement, and provide vital certifications so that its members can remain compliant. CIFFA is pleased to have been able to offer all of its existing programs during the global pandemic.