This course introduces the student to air, ocean, truck and rail transportation and to the world geography over which goods move. Incoterms ®2020 outlines the transfer of cost and risk between the seller and buyer.
Certificates of completion are provided to students completing International Freight Forwarding Courses.
NOTE: The online version of the course does NOT include a printed copy of the textbook; students are given access to an e-textbook. Printed copies of the textbook can be purchased directly from CIFFA for an additional fee.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Online On Demand course begins immediately upon completing registration. If you are not prepared to start the course, do not complete the registration process.
CIFFA’s Online On Demand courses are a self-paced study program where students work through the course materials on their own, without a weekly schedeule. Students must complete all lessons, exercises and the final exam within 4 months of their registration date.
Students are given access to pre-recorded lectures by subject matter experts.
- Understanding Freight Forwarding
- Transportation Geography
- Terms of Trade
- Land Transportation
- Air Freight
- Ocean Freight
- Define the duty of the CIFFA freight forwarder
- Define the CIFFA Standard Trading Conditions
- Define the role of the parties involved in an international trade movement
- Identify gateway seaports and air freight hubs
- Identify trade routes, intermodalism, etc.
- Describe types of rail equipment
- Calculate the chargeable truck freight weight
- Complete a truck waybill
- Calculate the chargeable air freight weight
- Calculate the charge to the customer
- Calculate profit and loss on a shipment
- Determine the exact number and type of air freight containers required to move a shipment
- Complete an Air Waybill
- Calculate the chargeable ocean freight weight
- Calculate the number and type of ocean containers needed to move a shipment
- Complete an ocean Bill of Lading
- Describe the importance of applying the correct Incoterm to a sales contract
- Identify the specific point of transfer of cost and risk between the seller and buyer under each of the 11 Incoterms® 2020 rules.