Recent reports on the blockchain technology have generated both, optimistic and pessimistic, conversations in the business community. Blockchain’s professed improvement in security, transparency, efficiency and collaboration are attractive attributes but how does blockchain change the way businesses operate every day? Are we ready for the change? Is blockchain really the future?During our informative interactive workshop, Don Miller, the V.P. Global Sales and Marketing at Globe Tracker ApS, will not only explain how blockchain works, but will also use examples of some ongoing blockchain initiatives in the shipping industry to demonstrate the impact of this technology on all parts of the supply chain. He will also add another perspective--one of freight forwarders. Who will protect their interests? Who will lead the change?
Date: November 28, 2019
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Webinar link will be emailed to you after registration.
Equipment Requirement: Headset or Speakers
Instructor: Don Miller
Mr. Miller is an expert in intermodal transportation markets. He is a frequent speaker and author on pertinent supply chain topics relating to key market trends including Blockchain. He has developed new product concepts and applications for smart containers, smart chassis, smart trailers and other smart logistics equipment. His expertise lies in global business development, channel development, and marketing initiatives.
- Describe the term blockchain as a database of events/agreements between stakeholders
- Explain the processes involved in a blockchain transaction
- Illustrate blockchain initiatives in the shipping industry
- Introduce blockchain smart contract players
- Describe blockchain interoperability and trends
- Describe blockchain’s main disadvantages and unknowns
- Explain what to consider when starting a blockchain project
- Explain the value of data and the impact of data sharing on businesses
- Explain the role of sensors in aiding visibility and accountability during a blockchain transaction
- Explain possible ways freight forwarders can protect their interests and data during a blockchain transaction
- Describe the legal implications when implementing the blockchain technology