Shipping lithium batteries by air is extremely common, yet it is a complicated process guided by ever changing regulations.
Lithium batteries ARE dangerous and are subject to the Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 and its regulations.
This course will:
- Provide greater and detailed explanation for handling lithium batteries for air transport
- Define and identity different types of lithium batteries and why they pose a risk
- Recognise the risks associated with transporting lithium batteries
- Identify lithium battery shipping requirements using the IATA DGR Regulations
- Aid in the understanding of the transport conditions for shipping lithium batteries
- Identify state and operator prohibitions and limitations when shipping lithium batteries
- Help you understand and know the steps required to have compliant DG shipment of lithium batteries
Completion of IATA or FIATA/ICAO Dangerous goods course is recommended but not required. A basic understanding of identifying and documenting dangerous goods using the IATA DGR would assist in understanding this course.
Lesson 1: Introduction to lithium batteries.
Lesson 2: Classification and identification
Lesson 3: Packing instructions
Lesson 4: Marks and labels (note this is new)
Lesson 5: State and operator variations
Lesson 6 : Putting it all together
- Define important terms associated with lithium batteries
- Recognize the risks associated with lithium batteries
- Arrange lithium batteries into the correct UN classifications, Identify lithium battery shipping requirements using the IATA DGR regulations
- Packing Instructions and Special Provisions: Compare the different packing instructions for various lithium battery shipments, understand the transport conditions for shipping lithium batteries (training required, marking and labelling, documentation)
- State Limitations and Special Provisions: Identify any special provisions associated with the dangerous good, Identify state and operator prohibitions and limitations when shipping lithium batteries and more....