This introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management includes the increasingly important topic of greening of transportation. Basic concepts of sales and marketing and international sales and marketing are also introduced.
Certificates of completion are provided to students completing International Freight Forwarding Courses.
NOTE: The online version of the course does NOT include a printed copy of the textbook; students are given access to an e-textbook. Printed copies of the textbook can be purchased directly from CIFFA for an additional fee.
Successful completion of International Transportation and Trade, Essentials of Freight Forwarding, and Specialized Freight Services is recommended.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Online On Demand course begins immediately upon completing registration. If you are not prepared to start the course, do not complete the registration process.
CIFFA’s Online On Demand courses are a self-paced study program where students work through the course materials on their own, without a weekly schedeule. Students must complete all lessons, exercises and the final exam within 4 months of their registration date.
Students are given access to pre-recorded lectures by subject matter experts.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Sales and Marketing
- International Sales and Marketing
- The Greening of Transportation
- Describe the difference between supply chain management and logistics management
- Describe the synchronized flow of information, products and funds through the supply chain
- Describe complexities, e.g., declining margins, forecasting, competition, etc.
- Examine the internal/external supply chain and the internal/external customer
- Describe the logistics functions within the supply chain
- Describe process mapping, benchmarking and Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Describe leading changes in logistics (inventory, production, push and pull distribution)
- Examine technology in logistics planning (ERP, APS, AI and GIS)
- Describe Supply Chain Event Management (SCEM)
- Describe outsourcing benefits, challenges and partnerships
- Describe growth in international trade and the driving forces behind globalization
- Describe the effects of competencies, government regulation, transportation, finance and risk management
- Describe the role and concept of marketing within an organization, marketing strategies, purpose of marketing research
- Describe the fundamentals of the marketing mix, consumer behaviour and pricing
- Describe the stages of new product development and product life cycle
- Describe the personal selling process, define environmental policies and their impact on warehousing, ports, vessel operation, trucking and rail transport