Shipping and trade to the United States holds a significant business growth opportunity for Canadian Freight Forwarders. The U.S.’ proximity to Canada makes shipping by land ideal. The size of the American population and their subsequent demand for goods presents “low hanging fruit” for Canadian businesses. For this reason, it is an easy decision for Canadian Freight Forwarders to offer shipping services to the U.S. However, understanding what is required to ship efficiently and cost effectively across the world’s longest undefended border is not quite as simple.
This three hour workshop (1.5 hours over two days), will discuss the differences between Canada and the United States with respect to items like tariff classification, Incoterms, custom bond requirements etc. This course will also introduce you to the documentation required, the parties involved and any significant rules as instituted by NAFTA and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs, the USDA and other important agencies.
Are you and your employees knowledgeable and up to date with this complicated export process? Can you comfortably and competently provide information and guidance to your customers?
Take this step to ensure you and your business are prepared to provide shipping services to the United States.
IMPORTANT: You require speakers or headphones to hear the instructor.
This Webinar is hosted over two 1.5-hour sessions over two-day period.
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST
Here are a few:
- Identify key differences between Canada and the United states on tariffs, record keeping, limits of liability and the HS code
- Identify ISPM15 wood packing requirements
- Determine when the NAFTA rules of origin apply
- Define the role of the U.S. customs broker and the need for the U.S. power of attorney
- Define the importer of record
- Summarize significant acts and procedures of the U.S. food and drug administration
- Letters of Credit
More about the Letters of Credit
- Essentials of Exporting
More about the Essentials of Exporting
- Incoterms® 2010
More about the Incoterms® 2010
- Cargo Insurance
More about the Cargo Insurance
- Protecting Your Business with CIFFA STCs
More about the Protecting Your Business with CIFFA STCs