This interactive workshop provides participants with an explanation of the principles of cargo insurance and types of cargo insurance coverage available, taking into account special considerations. It further explains valuation and rating, including the calculation of insurance premium and clarifies the difference between carrier liability and cargo insurance, causes of insurance claims and the process of claims handling under various circumstances.
IMPORTANT: You will require speakers or headphones to hear the instructor. Please plug in your headset or speakers before you click the link below.
This webinar is hosted over two 1.5-hour sessions over a two-day period.
1:00 – 2:30 pm EST each day
- Explain the principles of cargo insurance
- Explain the need of exporters, importers, freight forwarders and others for cargo insurance
- Describe carrier liability and limitations
- List types of cargo insurance coverage generally available
- Define commonly used insurance terminology
- Explain the principle of general average using recent marine accidents
- Describe the elements of some institute cargo clauses and special considerations
- Explain valuation and rating and the calculation of the insurance premium
- Describe the causes and time bars of insurance claims and how to properly handle them
International freight forwarders, export managers, supervisors and agents, operations managers, customer service representatives, sales and quotation agents, Customs representatives, exporters and importers, finance managers, carriers.
More about the eManifest
- Essentials of Exporting
More about the Essentials of Exporting
- Protecting Your Business with CIFFA STCs
More about the Protecting Your Business with CIFFA STCs
- Transborder: Shipping to the USA
More about the Transborder: Shipping to the USA
- Incoterms® 2020
More about the Incoterms® 2020