The CBSA’s eManifest program is finally ready for launching and CIFFA once again takes the lead in delivering the nuances and intricacies of the program to its membership. This interactive workshop will outline the progression from the early days of Advanced Commercial Information (ACI) to the November 1st, 2020 launch of the program, and explore some of the important considerations and decisions that every forwarding organization will need to make - the ‘who, when, what and how’ of eHBL data filing, and a complete update by mode, identifying industry issues in each.
Exam Location: No Exam
Final passing grade (%) : N/A
Certificate Expiry :
Schedule & Topics:
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm, EST.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the significant differences between ACI Supplementary data filing and the new eHBL filing
- Describe new procedures for various shipment types, including back-to-back/FCL and buyers’ consolidation
- List important decisions each Canadian freight forwarding company must make before implementing eManifest
- Describe the various movement types and data element types of an eHBL filing
- Identify industry issues in marine, air, highway, rail
Target Audience:International freight forwarders, senior management, import customer service, import operations, customs brokers.