This program introduces the student to the basic concepts of supply chain management and sales and marketing. For students who have already completed the CIFFA Certificate, this is one of the two programs required to complete the CIFFA Advanced Certificate in International Freight Forwarding which also gives them the eligibility to apply for the FIATA Diploma.
Certificates of completion are provided to students completing International Freight Forwarding Courses.
NOTE: The Virtual Classroom version of the course includes a copy of the e-textbook (which is downloadable on up to three device, fully searchable, and has text-to-speech capability). If students would prefer the printed textbook, it can be purchased directly from CIFFA for an additional fee.
Successful completion of International Transportation and Trade, Essentials of Freight Forwarding, and Specialized Freight Services is recommended.
- Start date: 8 January 2020
- End date: 8 April 2020
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Sales and Marketing
- International Sales and Marketing
- The Greening of Transportation
- Describe the difference between supply chain management and logistics management
- Describe the synchronized flow of information, products and funds through the supply chain
- Describe complexities, e.g., declining margins, forecasting, competition, etc.
- Examine the internal/external supply chain and the internal/external customer
- Describe the logistics functions within the supply chain
- Describe process mapping, benchmarking and Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Describe leading changes in logistics (inventory, production, push and pull distribution)
- Examine technology in logistics planning (ERP, APS, AI and GIS)
- Describe Supply Chain Event Management (SCEM)
- Describe outsourcing benefits, challenges and partnerships
- Describe growth in international trade and the driving forces behind globalization
- Describe the effects of competencies, government regulation, transportation, finance and risk management
- Describe the role and concept of marketing within an organization, marketing strategies, purpose of marketing research
- Describe the fundamentals of the marketing mix, consumer behaviour and pricing
- Describe the stages of new product development and product life cycle
- Describe the personal selling process
- Define environmental policies and their impact on warehousing, ports, vessel operation, trucking and rail transport
This program is primarily designed to meet the education needs of two types of learners: Individuals who are new to the international transportation, trade, logistics and supply chain industries and need to acquire additional skills and knowledge to become more employable, and those who are currently working in these industries but wish to upgrade their skills to advance their career.
- Essentials of Freight Forwarding
More about the Essentials of Freight Forwarding