FIATA Diploma Course
The first half of the FIATA Diploma course explores the subjects of project cargo, air and ocean chartering, customs and regulatory compliance, transportation law and legal liability, including CIFFA’s Standard Trading Conditions. The second half of the course introduces students to logistics and supply chain management.
Successfully passing this course and its pre-requisites (International Transportation and Trade and Essentials of Freight Forwarding) enables the applicant to apply for the FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding. This diploma is internationally recognized, and each Diploma is approved and administered solely by FIATA.
- Completion of the CIFFA International Transportation and Trade and Essentials of Freight Forwarding courses.
- Professional working level of proficiency in English is a must, as is the understanding of basic mathematical calculations.
Who should take this course
Designed for all who are serious about a career in International Freight Forwarding.
Completion of this advanced level course and its pre-requisites puts the learner on a path to a Professional Freight Forwarder (PFF) designation.
This course is available through the following delivery methods:
- Virtual classroom – Online lessons, supported by an instructor in a scheduled virtual classroom.
- Online on demand – Online lessons that may be started at any time. Instructor support is not provided. Students must complete the course within 4 months of the start date.
All students are provided with an e-textbook, online lessons and exercises and exams.
It is estimated that 70 to 80* hours of dedicated study time are required to complete this course.
Current pricing for this course is:
- Employee of a CIFFA Regular or Associate Member company- CAD $780.00 +tax.
- Employee or individual not from the above – CAD $870.00 + tax.
Awarding of the FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding
Upon successful completion of the FIATA Diploma course and its prerequisites, the student must complete an application form and submit to CIFFA, which CIFFA will submit to FIATA on their behalf. FIATA is solely responsible for approving and administering its diploma, and an e-diploma would be issued if approved.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed FIATA certificates are available for an additional $180.00 fee.
FIATA International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations is a nongovernmental, membership-based organisation representing an industry covering approximately 40,000 forwarding and logistics firms. Also known as the ‘Architects of Transport’, FIATA has Association Members and Individual Members in some 150 countries. FIATA headquarters are based in Glattbrug, Switzerland.
CIFFA is a FIATA accredited training school that offers the FIATA Diploma course. Globally recognized, the FIATA Diploma develops the knowledge and skills required by professional freight forwarders.