The CBSA’s eManifest program is finally ready for launching and CIFFA once again takes the lead in delivering the nuances and intricacies of the program to its membership. This interactive workshop will outline the progression from the early days of Advanced Commercial Information (ACI) to the November 1st, 2020 launch of the program, and explore some of the important considerations and decisions that every forwarding organization will need to make - the ‘who, when, what and how’ of eHBL data filing, and a complete update by mode, identifying industry issues in each.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the significant differences between ACI Supplementary data filing and the new eHBL filing
- Describe new procedures for various shipment types, including back-to-back/FCL and buyers’ consolidation
- List important decisions each Canadian freight forwarding company must make before implementing eManifest
- Describe the various movement types and data element types of an eHBL filing
- Identify industry issues in marine, air, highway, rail
Participants will return to their workplace with an exhaustive “eManifest Resources” handout and prepared to implement the eManifest program in their company.
International freight forwarders, senior management, import customer service, import operations, customs brokers.
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm EST
Log-In Instructions: Emailed 1-week prior
Instructors: Ruth Snowden, Past Executive Director with CIFFA and Paul Hughes, Co-chair CBSA eHBL working group
- Thursday, Oct 22, 2020
Special Meeting For CIFFA Members
- Monday, Oct 26, 2020
M2M Complimentary Webinar: How will the US Presidential Election impact the FX market?
- Tuesday, Oct 27, 2020
M2M Complimentary Webinar: Trends in the Freight Forwarding and 3PL M&A Market
- Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020
CIFFA Members Only Workshop: eManifest/eHBL
- Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020
M2M Complimentary Webinar: Don't be crippled by ransomware - steps to take to respond to the attack