Evolving technology is pushing the boundaries and changing how the world does business. While some of the effects can disrupt the logistics industry, over the long run they can also help leverage the use of automation, workflow optimization, digitization and artificial intelligence. In the context of the supply chain, improved technology has also increased productivity, minimized costs and errors, enhanced customer experienced value, and facilitated data-sharing to multiple sources in real time. These advancements should be explored and analysed in detail by the freight forwarding community, ensuring that they are well informed and prepared to meet the future demand.
As a result of these rapidly evolving changes to our industry, CIFFA has recently introduced a Technology Committee with a mandate to:
- track how technology develops and adapts,
- research new advancements to enhance efficiencies and value,
- Identify potential threats and the steps to mitigate them,
- prioritize initiatives made throughout the freight forwarding industry on behalf of membership, and
- educate our members on the changing advancements in this area.
All regular and associate members interested in this topic are invited to contact the chairman, Marc Bibeau, OEC Group, Marc.Bibeau@oecgroup.ca