Q: What are the key steps in achieving equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Consider what systematic and background factors are involved in decision making in your organization. Identify equity, diversity, and inclusion issues in your organization.
- Creation of equity, diversity and inclusion policies.
- Training of board members
- Training of staff
- Ensuring board and staff members are representative of the diversity of the Canadian population.
- Increase and improve engagement with racialized groups. Establish a forum to gain insight on matters relating to the organizations mandate in meeting the needs of racialized people
- Improve and expanding data collection, research and reporting
- Provide mechanisms for reporting and dealing with issues.